Why Choose CT CosMedic for Smartlipo™?
- We realize that you have choices when it comes to deciding whether or not to have Smartlipo™, and then where to go to have the procedure. Even if there may be facilities closer to you that perform some of procedures, there are differences, and we feel we are the best choice. Below are some questions and answers that will help you to decide.
Things to Ask When You Call:
How long has the doctor been doing the procedures?
- Dr. Lane has been performing Smartlipo™ since 2007.
How many cases have you done?
- We have done well over 300 cases.
Is the doctor an experienced surgeon (such as plastic surgeon, ob-gyn, general surgeon)? What type of special Smartlipo™ training does the doctor have?
- Dr. Lane is a board-certified surgeon with over 20 years of laser experience, and has received extensive additional liposculpture training and certification. Dr. Lane is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), the American Society of Lipo-Suction Surgery (ASLSS), and a Fellow of the A.C.O.G. CT CosMedic has been selected as a preceptorship training site for Smartlipo™, which means we train other physicians to perform Smartlipo™ procedures.
- In addition to the training and experience of the physician, one must also realize that Smartlipo is laser body sculpting, and this involves both art and science. Not all Smartlipo physicians are equal in their ability to assess the patient's needs and to sculpt the body in an artistic and beautiful fashion. We take pride in the time and care we take on each and every patient in order to achieve this goal.
What type of Smartlipo™ equipment do you have?
- We have the latest Smartlipo Triplex™ machine, which does the best job of bodysculpting by efficiently destroying fat and tightening skin to the maximum extent possible. Our liposculpture equipment is state-of-the-art. The type of machine is an important consideration when deciding on Smartlipo, as there are now five generations of Smartlipo lasers, and there are significant differences in the capabilities of the various machines. Bottom line? The newer the Smarlipo laser, the better the results!
Do you give medications for comfort and relaxation in addition to the local anesthetic fluid?
- We administer pain and sedative medications so that you will be totally comfortable during the procedure. Most of our clients actually doze through the procedure.
Who is in the room during the procedure for support and assistance?
- A trained surgical assistant is with Dr. Lane throughout the procedure. In addition to assisting Dr. Lane, her role is to ensure your comfort before, during, and after the procedure. We will pamper you!
What type of aftercare follow-up is provided?
- We want you to be comfortable after your procedure as well. We normally check you the day after your procedure and periodically over the subsequent six months, in order to make sure that you are doing well and staying healthy. All aftercare visits are included in the initial liposculpture fee. For those people who travel distances for our services, we can arrange overnight accommodations right near our office for the night of the procedure.
Do you sculpt only single areas or multiple areas in one day?
- At CT CosMedic, we have the experience, training, and ability to perform Smartlipo™ on multiple areas of the body in one session. By liposculpting more than one area in one day, we can shorten your total recovery time, and can usually reduce the cost of the procedure. There are some limitations, of course. Dr. Lane will let you know what areas can be done in one day when he sees you for your free consultation.
How much time is set aside for the procedure?
- If you are having multiple areas done on the same day, we will set aside the entire day for you. If you are having a single area done, we will set aside a half day. We are not a Smartlipo™ "factory". We take the time to make sure you get the absolute best results with the utmost in comfort and safety.
What type of results can I typically expect?
- As with any other cosmetic procedure, results may vary. We are careful to give you a realistic expectation of your results, and strive to achieve or exceed those expectations. At CT CosMedic, we have developed special techniques which we use during your procedure to reduce post-procedure drainage and to promote smooth contours.