Treatment of Sun Damage and Pigmented Skin
Sun exposure throughout our lives is cumulative, and causes damage called photo-aging of the skin. We may develop any of the following lesions on our face, hands, chest, or anywhere on the body:
- Brownish, flat areas called solar lentigos
- Patchy brown areas on the face or neck, called melasma
- Areas of dark color called hyper-pigmentation
- Other pre-malignant skin lesions and skin cancer
Melasma may also occur as the result of pregnancies and hormones. Hyper-pigmentation occurs when the skin reacts to chronic irritation or injury, or family history.
At CT CosMedic, we have various modalities to treat any of the benign pigmented lesions:
- The KTP laser uses intense green light to attract the melanin in the pigmented areas and draw the pigment to the surface of the skin. Treatments are painless, and can be done on people with light to moderately-dark skin.
- Our Affirm™ laser can effectively reduce patchy brown areas and melasma on all skin types.
- Bleaching compounds that we mix and dispense can be used alone or in combination with the above lasers to reduce hyper-pigmentation resulting from waxing, irritation, injuries, and scars.
During our free consultations, we can develop a treatment plan that will best meet your needs.